Paperback by Susan Mead. 388 pp. Learn how to release extra weight, lower blood pressure, mitigate hot flashes, lessen allergy symptoms, reduce your need for antibiotics and enhance your immune system.
With Susan Mead's savvy advice you will shift from...
Health Care… to Self Care
Pharmaceutical Drugs… to Using Food as Medicine
Over-reliance on Technology… to Listening to Your Body
Being Couch Potato Carol… to Active Annie
Sleepless and Stressed-Out… to Sleeping Peacefully
• Take Back Your Body is loaded with practical health care ideas. Identified throughout are Susan’s Simple Tips … she will show you how to truly Take Back Your Body - simply and inexpensively.
• Billions of dollars are spent each year by a naïve public seeking alternatives to expensive pharmaceuticals with negative side effects.
• The effective and cost-saving way to stay healthy and well is through prevention; yet too few healthcare providers are trained to put common sense into practice.
Take Back Your Body from What?
~ From Pharmaceutical Companies more interested in profits than healing.
~ From the Health Care Industry which seems to be more interested in curing (which is often very expensive) than prevention (which is often free).
~ From overworked physicians who often rely on bulleted brochures from the drug companies as their only continuing education.
~ From the Food Industry which is allowed by the FDA to include legal poisons in pre-packaged food.
~ From the Media which rarely mentions who paid for, and possibly prejudiced, the latest study.
~ From Health Insurance companies who can bankrupt you by denying claims after you’ve paid premiums for decades.
~ From a culture too dependent on testing and technology to pay attention to Grandma’s uncommon common sense.
About the Author - Susan E. Mead
After an active 20 years in the business world, Susan E. Mead received her Master Herbalist certification from The Artemis Institute in Boulder, CO in 1996. She also has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (1980) and certification as a yoga instructor (2000).
Blending these skills and experiences, Susan is dedicated to helping others heal through her writing, speaking and individual work with clients. She maintains her own herbal dispensary of approximately 180 herbs, providing custom blends of both Chinese and Western plants. Susan is a member of the Herb Research Foundation, the American Herbalists’ Guild, and The Weston Price Foundation.
Dear Health Seeker:
You, like many I've worked with as clients over the past 12 years, may be frustrated by the ineffectiveness of pharmaceutical drugs with a host of negative side effects. But walking into the herb and supplement section of the health food store can be so overwhelming and complicated.
What's a dedicated self-healer to do?
As I spent the past 8 years writing this book, my goal has always been to keep your self-healing simple, and as inexpensive as possible. That's why a good portion of the first chapter is devoted to how you can use food as medicine--not just to live longer, but to squeeze the vibrant juice out of every day with more energy and less stress.
Join me in my crusade for all of us to take back our bodies with these simple tips. I just know you'll love it--so stock up on extra gift copies for the holidays at our great discounts. Still not sure? Sign up for the free newsletter as a way to get to know me and my health tips. But no matter what tools you choose, I urge you to...Take Back Your Body!
But let's be real here about healthier choices. It's not easy, and--in the beginning--, it's not always fun, or even pleasant. But the choice is yours; this stuff works! Does that mean I, or anyone, does it perfectly? No way, sistah! (or brothah, god bless you for bein' here) If I can eat healthy food 85-90% of the time, I am gonna celebrate life and love and delicious taste treats the other 10%. And trust me, I do.
At the end of Take Back Your Body, I even give you a list of my favorite (and either most nutritious or least destructive) foods which are pre-packaged. You see, really, I'm just like you. I used to think I was fat and actually be a little fat, soft and non-muscular. I survived lots of issues with foods, and got my black belt on the nutrition tips through self-experimentation. But here's your free tip of the day:
If nothing else, get out there for a 5 minute walk--or practice isometrics in bed if you can't get up. Just 5 minutes/day. Get started--and Take Back Your Body--NOW!
Susan E. Mead, M.H.