Mentor: Thea Summer Deer, Ph.D
This online course, Love Your Liver contains information I hope will someday be taught to our children as a matter of course so they grow in the knowledge that healing takes place in the context of relationships. Open enrollment.
Thea Summer Deer - audio welcome
Student Manual ~ WWU Social Network
Lessons in PDF format and webinars - All webinars recorded for playback
Knowledge is power and empowered people make empowered choices. Nowhere can this be seen more clearly than in the choices that effect health and wellbeing. We have not really been taught how to take care of ourselves or what it means to have a longevity plan.
Our current system of health education, put in place by government and corporations, do not necessarily have our best interests at heart. Our current model of health care itself is steeped in the heroic and mechanistic model. Chinese Medicine, on the other hand, is an empirical system of knowledge that has been in place for thousands of years.
When we marry the best of our current models of medicine with the healing modalities of the ancients, a bigger picture emerges: one in which the whole person is seen in a new light of understanding. This course will explore a holistic approach to taking care of one of the most amazing organs in our body.
• Gain a basic understanding of the Liver, how it functions and to increase awareness around this vital organ.
• Begin to look at Liver Imbalance from the perspective of Chinese Five Element Theory, specifically the Wood Element which governs the liver.
• Understand the relationships between physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual health.
• Gain a deeper understanding of the importance of aligning with the natural rhythms of the earth.
• Acquire tools for recognizing and diagnosing patterns of imbalance, specifically Liver Imbalance.
• Put the lessons learned in this class into practice through dietary and lifestyle recommendations, and herbs that specifically support the liver.
• Learn how to increase vitality and longevity for yourself, your family or your clients.
• Have fun learning using the methods in this class which include journaling, dancing and cooking.
• Take your practice to the next level by examining a cases study and presenting one of your own.
Thea Summer Deer, Ph.D is a clinical herbalist, educator, writer, and musician. She began practicing midwifery in 1978 and was a founding mother of the South Florida School of Midwifery.
Her involvement in Alternative Medicine spans 30 years as owner of Mindbody and Evolutionary Press, and as the Executive Director of Resources for World Health. She is a graduate of the Botanologos School for Herbal Studies.
Mother, grandmother, avid cook and gardener, Thea is also an award winning songwriter performing in the acoustic duo, Thea & The GreenMan.
"My goal in taking your class was to learn how the liver might affect hot flashes, but your gift of knowledge has far surpassed that and thank you." -- Helen Rollins Lord "I just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying the classes and how much healing I am experiencing in my own life/body right now because of the information you have shared. I truly appreciate the gift of this class." -- Kristina White
"I am so excited to have been guided to you and am so happy to be in this phase of my life with you. Thanks for being so very approachable and responsive." -- Sandi Manoogian
"These classes have been so inspiring, gracefully presented and dense with insightful information." -- Emily Sabino
"Thank you so much Thea Summer Deer. you have been placed on my path in perfect timing." -- Pat Alexander
ABOUT THE WISE WOMAN UNIVERSITY
The Wise Woman University (WWU) is a sacred distance learning environment for the reweaving of the healing cloak of the Ancients. WWU offers women dozens of online classes for personal empowerment the Wise Woman Way.
At the Wise Woman University you will find mentors with women-centered skills pleased to offer their wisdom to you in a format that is lively, interesting, and easily available.
WWU is an online non-accredited distance learning environment, offering courses for personal empowerment and wellbeing.
Once registered, use your Wisewomanbookshop.com username and password to log into your account at www.wisewomanuniversity.org